Beam Suntory's South Africa Privacy Addendum
LAST UPDATED: March 30, 2023
This South Africa Privacy Addendum (the “SA Addendum”) supplements the information contained in the Beam Suntory’s Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”) and applies to the personal information that is collected, shared and used by any subsidiary or corporate affiliate of Beam Suntory Inc. (Beam Suntory) that is incorporated in South Africa or that processes personal information in South Africa.
Beam Suntory Inc. is the “responsible party” as required to be identified under Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), which is responsible for the processing of your Personal Information described in this Privacy Notice.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECTS
Data subjects have the following rights under POPIA:
- Right to be notified that personal information about him / her is being collected, and that his / her personal information has been unlawfully accessed.
- Right to access to confirm whether a data controller holds personal information about him / her, and to request a data controller to correct, destroy or delete personal information about him / her.
- Right to object on reasonable grounds, to the processing of his / her personal information, and to object, at any time, to the processing his / her personal information for purposes of direct marketing.
- Right to reject unsolicited electronic communications for purposes of direct marketing, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on the automated processing of his / her personal information and that is intended to provide a certain profile about him / her (e.g. credit worthiness, location, health, personal preferences or conduct).
- Right to submit a complaint to the Information Regulator in the event of any alleged interference with his or her personal information.
- Right to institute civil proceedings for damages in the event of any alleged interference with his or her personal information.